Il sindacato registi ha scelto questa mattina i cinque migliori dell’anno.
Nessuna grossa sorpresa: ci sono gli inglesi McQueen e Greengrass, il messicano Cuaron e gli americani Russell e Scorsese. Per i primi tre si tratta della prima nomination della loro carriera. Russell bissa invece quella di The Fighter, mentre Scorsese è arrivato all’undicesima: nove per i suoi film, una per la serie Boardwalk Empire ed una per il documentario su George Harrison. Oltre naturalmente al premio alla carriera ritirato nel 2003.
Ecco tutti i team nominati:
(Warner Bros. Pictures)
Mr. Cuarón’s Directorial Team:
• Unit Production Manager: David Siegel (Arizona Unit)
• First Assistant Directors: Josh Robertson, Stephen Hagen (Arizona Unit)
• Second Assistant Director: Ben Howard
This is Mr. Cuarón’s first DGA Award nomination.
Mr. Greengrass’s Directorial Team:
• Unit Production Managers: Todd Lewis, Gregory Goodman
• First Assistant Director: Chris Carreras
• Second Assistant Directors: Nick Shuttleworth, Mark S. Constance
This is Mr. Greengrass’s first DGA Award nomination.
(Fox Searchlight Pictures)
Mr. McQueen’s Directorial Team:
• Unit Production Manager: Anthony Katagas
• First Assistant Director: Doug Torres
• Second Assistant Director: James Roque Jr.
• Second Second Assistant Director: Sherman Shelton Jr.
• Additional Second Assistant Director: Nathan Parker
This is Mr. McQueen’s first DGA Award nomination.
DAVID O. RUSSELL
Mr. Russell’s Directorial Team:
• Unit Production Managers: Shea Kammer, Mark Kamine
• First Assistant Director: Michele ‘Shelley’ Ziegler
• Second Assistant Director: Xanthus Valan
• Second Second Assistant Director: Jason Fesel
• Location Managers: David Velasco, Guy Efrat (New York Unit)
This is Mr. Russell’s second DGA Award nomination. He was previously nominated in this category for The Fighter in 2010.
Mr. Scorsese’s Directorial Team:
• Unit Production Manager: Richard Baratta
• First Assistant Director: Adam Somner
• Second Assistant Director: Francisco Oritz
• Second Second Assistant Director: Jeremy Marks
• Additional Second Assistant Director: Scott Koche
• Location Manager: Nils Widboom
This is Mr. Scorsese’s eleventh DGA Award nomination. He won the DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film in 2006 for The Departed, and has also been nominated in that category for Taxi Driver (1976), Raging Bull (1980), Goodfellas (1990), The Age of Innocence (1993), Gangs of New York (2002), The Aviator (2004) and Hugo (2011). Mr. Scorsese also won the DGA Award in 2010 for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Dramatic Television for Boardwalk Empire and he was nominated for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Documentary for George Harrison: Living in the Material World in 2011. In 1999, Mr. Scorsese was presented with the Filmmaker Award at the inaugural DGA Honors Gala, and he was honored with the DGA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2003.
Per i documentari i cinque nominati invece sono:
Cutie and the Boxer
Ex Lion Tamer
This is Mr. Heinzerling’s first DGA Award nomination.
Roast Beef Productions
This is Ms. Noujaim’s third DGA Award nomination. She won the DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Documentary for Startup.com in 2001 (together with Chris Hegedus) and was also nominated in this category in 2004 for Control Room.
The Act of Killing
Final Cut for Real APS
Novaya Zemlya Ltd.
Spring Films Ltd.
This is Mr. Oppenheimer’s first DGA Award nomination.
Stories We Tell
The National Film Board of Canada
This is Ms. Polley’s first DGA Award nomination.
The Crash Reel
HBO Documentary Films
KP Rides Again, LLC
Tree Tree Tree Production
This is Ms. Walker’s first DGA Award nomination.